Achieve your collective goals; supported by a consultant/facilitator; in-person and virtual.
Collaboration: 1 + 1 > 2
Collaboration is about people working together. Great things can happen when everybody is working from the same game plan. The real success stories of our time are about good collaboration: businesses, sports teams, political campaigns, causes…
My collaboration services:
As an independent mediator/consultant, typically, the clients I work with are:
* BUSINESS OWNERS or WORKPLACE MANAGERS involved in conflict; either as a one-time event or chronic. They want their differences resolved in a collaborative, non-adversarial way. I serve them as a mediator and/or coach, either in-person or online.
* ORGANIZATION STAKEHOLDERS working together, and who see collaboration as central to team and project success. As facilitator and consultant, I enable effective communications, In Real Life and virtual. I bring appropriate collaboration frameworks, strategies and tools to the table.
* PROFESSIONAL and COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS looking to provide learning opportunities to their members. I deliver training and education sessions, in-person and virtually; workshops, presentations, webinars; on conflict management and collaboration topics.
Want to collaborate virtually?
Virtual Collaboration: Effective communications, strategies and tools for working together from a distance, a self-paced e-learning course, will help you do it.
Virtual Collaboration provides a practical and engaging e-learning experience. It is oriented to today’s professional, making ‘a go of it’, in a world of information overload and distributed attention.
Virtual Collaboration builds on my extensive online experience; as a high tech consultant, virtual team facilitator, and online mediator.
Learn more about collaboration
With practice, collaboration becomes a habit. It then makes it easier for you, as a collaborative leader, to extend those collaborative ways into your workplace, your community spaces, your place of workship, your family… anywhere that matters to you.
It is our habits, my habits(!), that triggered Picture Collaboration: An Illustrated Guide for Working Together to Solve Problems, my e-book collaboration with graphic recorder, Tanya Gadsby.
Picture Collaboration is my third e-book. Here’s my first two; Collaborative Maxims: Principles for Working Together, and U Connect: The Art of Making Connections to Resolve Disputes.
I conduct workshops and present on Virtual Collaboration.
Look around my site, here, you’ll find hundreds of ideas, practices, book and video reviews, and stories about how others are finding success through collaboration. Some of these come from my own experiences, and others from amazing individuals, local and afar, that I respect and admire for their collaborative moxy. Inspiration can come from many places!
Case studies of my consulting work
- Case study – Corporate Information Systems project
- Case Study – Online Dispute Resolution Pilot Project
- Case Study – Small business collaboration
Here are some of the organizations I’ve worked with.
“I hired Ben as a project manager for a high risk, many-faceted project. His attention to detail, realistic approach and consultative manner gave this project the boost it needed. I would hire him again unreservedly.” Pam Wilkins, British Columbia Government
“Ben worked as an IT Consultant for us at the Distance Mediation Project, an Online Dispute Resolution family mediation pilot project of the BC Mediator Roster Society. He was precise in his work, able to see both big and small-picture issues, and brought many valuable ideas to our project.” Susanna Jani, Project Director, BC Distance Mediation Project
“Ben is a creative thinker and blogger. In the Philippines, he pulled off a tricky assignment with CESO when he photographed, videotaped and interviewed people for a blog. His positive messages, actions and collaborative approach demonstrated how to work with others in projects here and abroad. ” Alex Gillis, (former) Communications and Public Engagement Manager, Canadian Executive Service Organization
Need help in getting everyone on the same page? Contact me. And, let’s see if we can collaborate for success.