Collaboration frameworks, innovation teams, virtual…
Collaboration: 1 + 1 > 2
Collaboration is about people working together. Great things can happen when everybody is working from the same game plan. The real success stories of our time are about good collaboration: businesses, sports teams, political campaigns, causes…
My collaboration services:
As a consultant and facilitator, I help individuals and organizations, through:
- Frameworks; planning, designing and implementing collaboration frameworks and processes; including virtual collaboration.
- Innovation teams; establishing and leading teams of people from diverse industries, cultures, ages, etc., in-person and/or virtually
- Virtual collaboration; virtual communication, relationship, and technical skills building; applicable to working with others from a distance.
My experience as a consultant and facilitator
My consulting and facilitation experience includes:
- Facilitated hundreds of project meetings and workshops, in a variety of contexts; as a consultant to government, private and nonprofit sectors, in-person and virtual.
- Mediated 600+ difficult conversations (i.e., business and community disputes), as a professional mediator.
- Innovation Facilitator with IdeaConnection; facilitating virtual teams of problem solvers, working on innovation challenges.
- Co-creation of an innovative collaboration model and guide for BC non-profits.
- Completed dozens of business/management studies, strategies, plans, designs… that bridge the interests of diverse stakeholder groups.
- Extensive experience building bridges between technical and non-technical personnel, front-line workers and management, etc.
- I deliver training workshops and speak on collaboration-related topics.
Case studies of my consulting work
- Case study – Non-Profit Sector Collaboration
- Case study – Corporate Information Systems project
- Case Study – Online Dispute Resolution Pilot Project
- Case Study – Small business collaboration
Some of the organizations I’ve worked with:
- Canadian Executive Service Organization
- International Association of Facilitators
- Mediate BC
- Vancouver Foundation
- Volunteer Victoria
- BC Gas
- BC Hydro
- BC Ministry of Attorney General
- BC Ministry of Children and Families
- BC Ministry of Energy & Mines
- BC Ministry of Environment
- BC Ministry of Finance
- BC Ministry of Forests
- BC Ministry of Health
- Consumer Protection BC
- Health Canada
- League of Municipalities of the Philippines
- Los Angeles Police Department
- Royal Roads University
- Vancouver Island Health Authority
- WorkSafe BC
Technology and Innovation
- eBay (via SquareTrade)
- Sierra Systems
Construction and Engineering
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- Melcor Land Development Co.
- Reid Crowther
- Underwood Mclellan
“I hired Ben as a project manager for a high risk, many-faceted project. His attention to detail, realistic approach and consultative manner gave this project the boost it needed. I would hire him again unreservedly.” Pam Wilkins, British Columbia Government
“Ben worked as an IT Consultant for us at the Distance Mediation Project, an Online Dispute Resolution family mediation pilot project of the BC Mediator Roster Society. He was precise in his work, able to see both big and small-picture issues, and brought many valuable ideas to our project.” Susanna Jani, Project Director, BC Distance Mediation Project
“Ben is a creative thinker and blogger. In the Philippines, he pulled off a tricky assignment with CESO when he photographed, videotaped and interviewed people for a blog. His positive messages, actions and collaborative approach demonstrated how to work with others in projects here and abroad. ” Alex Gillis, (former) Communications and Public Engagement Manager, Canadian Executive Service Organization
Contact me for successful collaboration.