The ability to manage conflict effectively represents a strategic business advantage.
Training Workshops and Webinars
Communications, collaboration and conflict management skills are vital to early resolution of disputes and conflicts, and key to effective problem solving. I facilitate workshops to teach those skills.
Conflict Dynamics Profile ®
Conflict competent leadership is a cornerstone to collaboration success. Using the Conflict Dynamics Profile ® assessment instrument, I help individuals increase awareness of their ‘hot buttons’ and conflict behaviours, and develop personalized conflict management action plans.
Commercial Mediation (b2b, b2c)
As a commercial mediator, I help businesses resolve disputes, business-to-business and/or business-to-customer. I use an interest-based approach; enabling disputing parties to safely discuss issues that matter, identify solution options, and reach mutual agreement on how to resolve their differences. Mediation is a cost-effective, empowering way to resolve differences. Mediation is confidential.
Workplace Conflict Assessment
When the workplace becomes toxic, I can help restore a respectful, healthy and productive work environment. Working with you, I conduct a Workplace Conflict Assessment; to analyze your current situation, and provide recommendations, going forward.
My Conflict Management Credentials
- As a commercial mediator, resolved 600+ workplace and community disputes.
- Online mediator with e-bay, Consumer Protection BC.
- Mentor to 25 mediators in the BC Court Mediation Practicum Program.
- Conflict management consultant to SMEs, governments and nonprofits.
- Dispute Resolution advisor to multiple BC Government online dispute resolution systems initiatives.
- Dispute Resolution program advisor to Tanzanian Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture.
- Facilitator of cross-cultural conflict management workshops for Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
- Curated an online publication; Canadian Mediators Weekly.
- Facilitator of conflict management professional’s community-of-practice Twitter chats.
- Restorative justice facilitator; with Canada Parole Board, Victoria Restorative Justice.
- Certified Workplace Fairness Analyst and Certified in Conflict Dynamics Profile® assessment instrument.
- Member of the BC Mediator Roster (since 2003).
- Workshop Facilitator; for Mediate BC, Law Society of BC, business associations.
- Speaker; at conflict resolution conferences in Seattle, New Orleans, National Association for Community Mediation (USA webinar).
Mediation case studies
Here are three actual cases I’ve mediated (slightly modified to maintain confidentiality). Read through these to get a sense of how the mediation process works.
- Mediation of a construction dispute
- Mediation of a telco/customer dispute
- Online Mediation of a high tech dispute
Benefits of my services
- Manages conflict
- Promotes workplace health and wellness
- Enhances organizational image
- Attracts/retains quality staff
- Employee engagement, loyalty and productivity
- Saves money
- Consistency of treatment
- Meets legislative requirements
- Services provided in-person and/or online
“Ben is very conscientious, always prepared, very friendly, good with people, and I recommend him as a mediator in pretty much any civil dispute.” Lee Turnbull, Senior Advisor, Mediate BC
“Ben was on the Board of Directors of the Values-Based Business Network for several years and his mediator’s approach was an important contribution to the board. At one point, we had an “angry” contractor and Ben handled the situation smoothly and professionally, leaving all sides satisfied with the outcome.”, Alan Dolan, (Past) Chair, Values-Based Business Network (Victoria)
My mediation fee is $150/hour. Mediation fees are typically shared between the parties. Fees for other services are negotiable.
Work With Me
Call me for a free consultation; at 1-250-516-3936. Or, fill out the Contact form, and I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Thank you for considering my services.