Get your differences resolved using a collaborative, non adversarial approach.
Disputes can be costly. They can:
- Lead to financial loss
- Result in lost opportunities
- Damage relationships, business and/or personal
- Leave you suffering, emotionally
Intuitively, you may know it’s better to resolve a dispute sooner than later. Yet, even a dispute that seems simple to resolve, can actually turn out very difficult to resolve, if at all!
When you and the other party can’t resolve things on your own, a mediator, a neutral facilitator, can help you understand what’s at stake, safely talk with each other, find common ground, and resolve the issues. That’s the collaborative way.
If you find yourself in a sticky situation, and you want to resolve a dispute the collaborative way, tell me about it, and I’ll get back to you promptly.
My experience and qualifications as a mediator
I am a professionally certified mediator, and member in-good-standing of the BC Mediator Roster.
- I’ve successfully mediated 500+ disputes.
- I resolve civil (non-criminal) disputes; business-2-business, business-2-customer, construction, property, partnerships, real estate, community, elder, and many more types of disputes.
- I am an active mediator and mentor (of new mediators) in the BC Court Mediation Program.
- I mediate extensively online, including 3 years of mediating eBay disputes, and work with leading online dispute resolution service providers and products, from around the world.
- I know the ins and outs of communicating online, both as a mediator and as a virtual facilitator of teams.
- In my private mediation practice, I work in-person and/or online, as most appropriate to your situation.
Here’s a Mediation Case Study, based on an actual mediation I conducted. It’s typical of many of the mediations I conduct.
What others say about my work
“Ben is very conscientious, always prepared, very friendly, good with people, and I recommend him as a mediator in pretty much any civil dispute.” Lee Turnbull, Senior Advisor, Mediate BC
“Ben conducted an educational workshop on Conflict Mediation for Chamber members as part of our Business Education Series. Participants report that he expertly communicated key issues, providing concrete tools for them to take away while inspiring with fresh perspectives.” Sarah Mitchell, Events Manager, Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
Get Resolution Now!
You want your issues resolved quickly and fairly. A good mediator can help you resolve your dispute quickly and fairly.
I wrote A Buyer’s Guide to Hiring a Mediator. It’s what I believe a good mediator should offer a client, and its what I work towards, every day.
Contact me, and let’s get your issue resolved, now.